Jump Start on CPD 2018
Thursday, March 8, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm via Webinar
(Original date: November 8, 2017)
Who should attend: Plaintiff, defence, and in-house counsel who deal with product liability. This course may also be of interest to insurance counsel.
Learning level: All levels
Product liability claims are becoming increasingly common in BC. This course will provide a comprehensive summary and update on product liability law in Canada along with practical and ethical advice from experienced practitioners on all aspects of prosecuting and defending product liability claims. Topics include: product liability 101, the plaintiff's case, the defendant's case, forensic engineering, expert reports, warranty claims, and consumer class actions. This course is suitable for all levels of experience — if you practice product liability, you will not want to miss this program.
At this course you will learn:
- the fundamentals of product liability law
- contrasting perspectives on how to best present the plaintiff and defence cases in product liability litigation
- how to use forensic engineering evidence in product liability claims
- how to manage expert reports in product liability claims
- how to manage the insurance coverage issue in a product liability litigation
- practical litigation practice tips
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (For rebroadcasts: a minimum of 1.25 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Michael Parrish — Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, Vancouver
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Register by Feb 5
After Feb 5
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer