Tuesday, February 27, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
or attend via Webinar
Who should attend: Litigation counsel, real estate solicitors, real estate developers, and related real estate professionals.
Learning level: Intermediate
With the increasing scarcity of land available for development in Greater Vancouver and throughout BC, there is new interest in developing contaminated lands. Owning and developing contaminated land brings with it challenges and responsibilities that are to some extent addressed in transactions and to some extent now being addressed in a litigation process. This course will explain the contaminated sites liability regime and how to achieve the best success within that liability regime.
At this course, you will explore:
- the legal framework for determining responsibility for contaminated land
- how to marshal environmental expert evidence
- how to make a cost recovery claim
- tips on drafting contaminated land remediation agreements
- what the Environmental Appeal Board process entails for contaminated land agreements
- the important place of groundwater issues in contamination assessment
- how to be more effective in environmental disputes mediation
- tips and traps in contaminated site management
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (including a minimum of 1 hour involving aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Andrea C. Akelaitis — Letcher Akelaitis LLP, Vancouver
Gary Letcher — Letcher Akelaitis LLP, Vancouver
Register by Jan 30
After Jan 30
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*