The must attend annual event for personal injury litigators!
CLE Summer Series 2017
Thursday, July 27, 2017 OR Thursday, August 3, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original date: Friday, June 9, 2017)
Who should attend: Personal injury litigators, both plaintiff and defence; ICBC and insurance industry personnel.
Learning level: All levels
This is CLEBC's annual, comprehensive program on personal injury practice for all personal injury litigators; junior and experienced, plaintiff and defence. This conference will also be of interest to insurance industry personnel who handle personal injury claims. As in past years, we will cover an eclectic mix of established and current topics ranging across a broad spectrum. A popular and core component of this conference is the case law update: an encapsulation of the most important procedural and substantive case developments from the past year. Previous conferences have featured substantive topics in the area of personal injury practice and procedure, expert evidence, medical evidence, engineering evidence, acturial evidence, advocacy, mediation, professionalism and ethics, and law practice management. Our goal is to provide you with valuable, current, and practice-related information from senior members of the personal injury bar.
At this course you will learn:
- the past year's most important procedural and substantive case law developments in the area of personal injury
- the implications of a new element in personal injury litigation—after the event insurance
- the range of issues that bicycles are bringing to personal injury law
- what your lawyer's insurance policy will and will not cover
- how to best manage the evidence of a therapist—whether leading or challenging such evidence
- about a new and emerging head of damage: loss of housekeeping capacity
- about a critical demarcation: the line between workers (tort law excluded) and non-workers (tort law applies)
- a valuable array of practice tips and observations from senior members of the personal injury bar
You may also be interested in attending our comprehensive introduction to personal injury practice on Thursday, June 8, 2017, Personal Injury for Jr. Lawyers and Paralegals 2017. You will get a special rate for attending both courses—see below for pricing and click here to register for both.
CLEBC would like to thank Redress Risk Management and Viewpoint Medical Assessments for their generous support in sponsoring this event.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 (a minimum of 1 hour will involve professional responsibiltiy and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Jan L. Lindsay, QC — Lindsay LLP, Vancouver
James D. Vilvang, QC — Richards Buell Sutton LLP, Vancouver
CLE Summer Series
Register by June 19
After June 19, 2017
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. *If you are taking advantage of plus-one pricing and your group webinar includes at least one lawyer, the first registration must be at the lawyer rate. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the Online Course Materials—an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001.
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive—a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer