Practice points, traps, and pitfalls
1. "Jump Start on CPD": Friday, March 27, 2015; Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
2. "Summer Series 2015: Monday, July 27, 2015; Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original course: Thursday, February 26, 2015)
Who should attend: Lawyers seeking guidance on PPSA and secured transaction legal and practice points.
Learning level: Intermediate/Advanced
Join us for a comprehensive PPSA update focused on recent and emerging issues, from negotiating and enforcing security agreements to special financings. This course will provide you with essential information on the major developments in this area and cover issues of importance for business lawyers.
The CLEBC book British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual will be used as reference material throughout the course. We recommend that you bring your copy of the book to the course. If you do not have the book, you may purchase a copy separately. *Order the book at the same time as you register for the course and SAVE $75. See special pricing below—please call Customer Service to order.
At this course you will learn about...
- essential and useful provisions when negotiating security agreements
- procedures and strategies when enforcing security agreements
- subordination agreements—why you need them and best practices
- dealing with investment property and intellectual property
- special financings for aircraft, ships and real property
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6.5 hours If you complete a Self-Paced eLearning course before December 31, 2015, you will obtain 1 CPD hour which involves professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management. Note: As part of your registration, you will receive a non-transferrable complimentary registration to any eligible Self-Paced eLearning course—click here to see the list of course offerings.
Mark R. Davies — Richards Buell Sutton LLP, Vancouver
1. "Jump Start on CPD 2015" Rebroadcast
EARLY BIRD (Register by February 27, 2015): $405
After February 27, 2015: $450
2. "Summer Series 2015" Rebroadcast
EARLY BIRD (Register by June 22, 2015): $405
After June 22, 2015: $450
*Book ONLY: $375 | Online ONLY: $250 | Book (when purchased with course): $300
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? To learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program click here and for our Easy Pay Plan click here.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the online course materials, an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001. ... OR
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive, a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer