Learn how and why Western Canada has become a new centre of class action litigation
"Last Kick at the Can" Rebroadcast
Tuesday, December 13, 2016; 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original course: Friday, February 26, 2016)
Who should attend: Judges, plaintiff and defence counsel, corporate counsel, and in-house counsel throughout Western Canada who are interested in prosecuting or defending class action cases.
Learning level: All levels
This conference is your comprehensive review of the issues, the trends and the practices currently shaping class actions litigation --- from Western Canada and well beyond! If you practice class action litigation you must attend this conference!
- Learn about current trends in class action litigation in BC, Alberta, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan.
- Learn about the new area of suing for a statutory breach.
- Get a handle on a host of both old and new ethics and professionalism issues that can arise in class actions.
- Learn about current trends in class actions in the Canadian heartland: Ontario and Quebec.
- Learn about the issues and emerging jurisprudence surrounding the critical question: “What constitutes a class?”
- Learn about Plaintiff and Defence Perspectives from the Real Centre of the Class Actions Universe: the United States.
- Learn about two new developments in Class Action Litigation: Privacy and Drug Copyright.
- Learn about the challenges surrounding Class Action Settlements: Implementation Issues.
- Last but not least, hear The View from the Bench; no discussion of the current state of Class Actions would be complete without this.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1 hour will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management).
Ward K. Branch, QC — Branch McMaster LLP, Vancouver
Luciana P. Brasil — Branch McMaster LLP, Vancouver
"Last Kick at the Can" Rebroadcast: $475
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! New "plus-one" pricing!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? To learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program click here and for our Easy Pay Plan click here.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the online course materials, an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001. ... OR
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive, a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer