Last Kick at the Can 2017
Monday, December 4, 2017 OR
Wednesday, December 13, 2017
10:15 am - 11:15 am
(Original Course: Tuesday, November 1, 2016)
Who should attend: Lawyers and legal support staff in all practice areas.
Learning level: All learning levels
Do you know the answers to the following ethical questions?
- Is there an implied undertaking with respect to cross-examination transcripts?
- Can you advise a Defendant on how to arrange affairs to avoid an effective pre-judgment garnishing order?
- When can you talk to your witness once they have started to testify?
- Can you contact employees or former employees of an adverse party?
- Is privilege waived through counsel swearing an affidavit?
- Can a court order you to produce an expert’s draft with your notes on it?
If you are unsure of the answers to any of the above, join John Logan, Wendy Baker QC, and Herman Van Ommen QC from the comfort of your office for a fast-paced discussion of the answers to these and other not so obvious ethical questions.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 1 hour (1 hour will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care, and relations, and/or practice management).
Wendy A. Baker, QC — Miller Thomson LLP, Vancouver
John Logan — Jenkins Marzban Logan LLP, Vancouver
Herman Van Ommen, QC — McCarthy Tetrault LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer