Commentary and practical advice on today's most important issues!
Wednesday, October 19, 2016
8:45 am – 4:30 pm
Pan Pacific Hotel, 999 Canada Place, Vancouver
or attend via live webinar
Who should attend: Stakeholders in BC's workers' compensation community including lawyers, union and worker's advocates, and human resource managers.
Learning level: All levels
Workers' compensation law is a highly complex area of practice. It has been 10 years since our last update on workers' compensation law issues. This comprehensive course will look at the most critical issues that you face when dealing with WCB claims and occupational health and safety issues.
At this course you will learn:
- occupational health and safety topics such as enforcement measures and investigations
- judicial reviews and compensation topics such as occupational disease adjudication and post decision remedies
- discriminatory action complaints
- mental stress claims under s. 5.1 of the Act, including bullying and harassment claims
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6.75 hours (a minimum of 1 hour will involve aspects of professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management).
Janet K. Patterson — Barrister & Solicitor, Burnaby
Lorna A. Pawluk — Barrister & Solicitor, Vancouver
EARLY BIRD (Register by September 21, 2016 and SAVE)
Live Course: $575| Student: $315; Live Webinar: $485
After September 21, 2016
Live Course: $640| Student: $350; Live Webinar: $535
Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials and lunch.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the online course materials, an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001. ... OR
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive, a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer