Comprehensive and compelling
Tweeting from the conference? Use #employmentlawbc17
"CLE Summer Series 2017" Rebroadcast
Monday, July 24 and Tuesday, July 25, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm (Both days)
(Original date: Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5, 2017)
Who should attend: Employment lawyers and in-house counsel; human resources professionals.
Learning level: All levels
Employment Law — new cases, new issues, new strategies. We will provide you your annual update on the case law, trends, and issues that are creating change in this insightful and developing area of law. Join us for two days where you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the key and emerging ideas you need to know. By attending this conference, you will complete all of your continuing professional development requirements for the year!
At this course you will learn:
- legal updates on fixed-term contracts, employment probation, independent contractors, and damages
- implications of leading decisions, such as Wilson v. Atomic Energy of Canada and Garritty v. Richmond Kinsmen Home Support Society
- non-employment law issues that impact employment lawyers, such as family law and intellectual property
- tips for running your practice including lawyers' obligations as employers
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 13 (a minimum of 2 hours pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Please note that the CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Matthew Cooperwilliams — Harris & Company LLP, Vancouver
Simon Kent — Kent Employment Law, Vancouver
CLE Summer Series
Register by June 19
After June 19, 2017
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. If you are taking advantage of plus-one pricing and your group webinar includes at least one lawyer, the first registration must be at the lawyer rate. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the Online Course Materials—an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001.
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive—a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer