Comprehensive and compelling
Last Kick at the Can 2017
Monday, December 11 - Tuesday, December 12, 2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
(Original date: Thursday, May 4 and Friday, May 5, 2017)
Who should attend: Employment lawyers and in-house counsel; human resources professionals.
Learning level: All levels
Employment Law — new cases, new issues, new strategies. We will provide you your annual update on the case law, trends, and issues that are creating change in this insightful and developing area of law. Join us for two days where you will receive a comprehensive understanding of the key and emerging ideas you need to know. By attending this conference, you will complete all of your continuing professional development requirements for the year!
At this course you will learn:
- legal updates on fixed-term contracts, employment probation, independent contractors, and damages
- implications of leading decisions, such as Wilson v. Atomic Energy of Canada and Garritty v. Richmond Kinsmen Home Support Society
- non-employment law issues that impact employment lawyers, such as family law and intellectual property
- tips for running your practice including lawyers' obligations as employers
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 12 (For Rebroadcasts: a minimum of 2.25 hours pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Please note that the CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Matthew Cooperwilliams — Harris & Company LLP, Vancouver
Simon Kent — Kent Employment Law, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $289 for both days for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer