Protecting your client's security interests
Last Kick at the Can 2017
Monday, December 18, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original date: Friday, June 9, 2017)
Who should attend: Lawyers seeking guidance on PPSA and secured transaction legal and practice points.
Learning level: All levels
PPSA laws, principles, and procedures — this program is designed to introduce the workings of the PPSA to junior lawyers and to help experienced lawyers brush up on PPSA principles.
At this course you will learn:
- the categories of personal property and drafting collateral descriptions
- how to perform registrations and searches
- the unique and creative uses for PPSA security
- priorities, PMSIs, and subordination agreements
- about working with the PPSA security in transactions such as basic business financing, equipment financing, mixed real estate, and personal property financing
Note: We recommend that you have your copy of the BC Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual for the course. If you do not have the book, you may purchase a copy separately. Order the book at the same time as you register for the course and SAVE $64.
See special pricing below and Contact Customer Service to order.
BC Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual — The book
$255 Print + Online package (when purchased with course—Contact Customer Service to order)
$109 Online Only access
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 (For Rebroadcasts: a minimum of 1.25 hours will involve professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Mark R. Davies — Richards Buell Sutton LLP, Vancouver
||Last Kick at the Can Rebroadcast
|Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer