Everything you need to know to successfully launch your career as a litigator!
"CLE Summer Series 2017"
Thursday, August 3, 2017
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
(Original date: Friday, May 12, 2017)
Who Should Attend: Junior litigators; this course may also be of interest to intermediate litigators who want a refresher to round out their skill set.
Learning level: Fundamental
Are great litigators born or made? While natural ability and aptitude will get a young lawyer off to a good start, it is not always enough. You need hard work and guidance — the right kind of guidance. This new and comprehensive course will review the key elements of what it takes to excel as a junior litigator — from personal temperament, to work ethic, to writing, to trial preparation, to advocacy, and to performance at trial. Let our panel of jurists and senior counsel be your team of mentors for an intensive day of learning on "how to be a great litigation junior".
At this course you will learn:
- what senior counsel look for in a junior — from character and temperament, to personal skill sets, to what they do not want to see
- how to meet the twin challenges of maximizing productivity and achieving wellness as a member of a demanding profession
- how to make the most of your legal writing by understanding the necessary adjustment you must make given the purpose and the audience
- how you can be most effective in assisting senior counsel with trial preparation
- what the bench does and does not like to see in court
- how you can be most effective in assisting senior counsel at trial
- skills and values that make for an effective advocate
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 (a minimum of 1 hour will involve professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Joel Morris — Harper Grey LLP, Vancouver
CLE Summer Series
Register by June 19
After June 19, 2017
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather around one computer and SAVE on Live Webinar/Rebroadcast costs. Pay full price for the first registration and have each additional viewer join you for $125 per day. Contact Customer Service for more info.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn more about CLEBC's Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the live course/live webinar?
1. Order the Online Course Materials—an archive of all CLEBC papers published since 2001.
2. Subscribe to the Webinar Archive—a repository of recordings of most CLEBC past courses.
Annual subscription rates for both options are based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer