Work in Process
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm via Webinar
(Original date: October 13, 2017)
Who should attend: Lawyers specializing in business immigration law or those who wish to develop a practice in this area. The course may also be of interest to corporate/commercial lawyers, employment lawyers, in-house counsel, and human resource professionals.
Learning level: All levels
This course will provide you with practical strategies for preparing foreign worker applications in the era of the Global Skills Strategy and compliance. Expert panels will examine recent changes as they relate to proactively advising employers on how to recruit foreign workers easier and faster, and how to better support short-term business travelers. They will cover work permit exemptions, the ever challenging Labour Market Impact Assessments including recruitment-exempt variations, and the increasingly important topic of employer compliance. In addition, we will examine ethical and practice management issues arising in relation to such topics.
After taking this course you will:
- be able to advise your clients on how to prepare applications for foreign workers
- have up to date information on the Global Skills Strategy and the Global Talent Stream
- understand the topics of Labour Market Impact Assessments and employer compliance
- be able to identify ethical and practice management issues in this area of immigration law
You may also be interested in attending Immigration Issues in Depth.
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (For rebroadcasts: a minimum of 1.25 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management.)
Kyle C. Hyndman — McCrea Immigration Law, Vancouver
Craig Natsuhara — EY Law, Vancouver
Ryan N. Rosenberg — Larlee Rosenberg, Vancouver
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Register by Feb 5
After Feb 5
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
* If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer