CLEBC's annual must-attend event for insurance lawyers and industry professionals.
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Tuesday, March 6, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm via webinar
(Original date: October 27, 2017)
Who should attend: Insurance litigators (plaintiff and defence counsel) and insurance industry professionals (claims managers, senior claims executives, arbitrators, mediators, underwriters, and insurance adjusters).
Learning level: All levels.
This conference is CLEBC's annual must-attend event for plaintiff and defence counsel and insurance industry professionals who want to stay on top of developments in insurance law. As with past conferences, we will cover important case developments, critical practice issues, and notable industry trends. We will also feature valuable practice tips for the conduct and management of insurance files.
Join us to learn:
- the basics of marine insurance law; a specialized, but important niche within insurance law
- what you absolutely need to know about managing "reservation of rights" provisions in the context of an insurance claim
- how to navigate the tricky process of partial settlements where there are multiple parties — it's a minefield!
- best practices for managing an insurance claim and points to watch for
- how the Internet of things is giving rise to a new area of insurance — cyber coverage — what it means for insurance law: from the overarching legal framework, to coverage issues, to nuts and bolts practical matters
- how to make full use of the summary trial mechanism in insurance cases — the practical do's and don'ts that every insurance counsel should know
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1.25 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Vanessa C. Gauthier — Lindsay LLP, Vancouver
Richard B. Lindsay, QC — Lindsay LLP, Vancouver
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Register by Feb 5
After Feb 5
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer