Jump Start on CPD 2018
Wednesday, March 7, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm via webinar
(Original date: November 1, 2017)
Who should attend: Experienced counsel new to appellate practice. This course may also be of interest to experienced appellate counsel seeking a comprehensive review of the essential elements of appellate advocacy.
Learning level: Intermediate/Advanced
Whether you are new to appellate work or a seasoned appellate counsel, this course is for you. Designed for both civil and criminal law advocates, we will raise your level of effectiveness in three critical areas: registry practice, written advocacy, and oral advocacy. Come and learn about what to do and what not to do from Court of Appeal justices, senior appellate counsel, and Court of Appeal officers.
At this course you will learn:
- about the critical questions which must be asked when an appeal is under consideration
- the Registry perspective on current and future filing initiatives and best practices
- how to best manage special issues which can threaten to derail an appeal
- about common appellate chambers applications and how to effectively manage them
- how to be a more effective advocate in the Court of Appeal
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (a minimum of 1.25 hour pertains to professional responsibility and ethics, client care and relations, and/or practice management)
Susan J. Brown — Crown Counsel, Ministry of Justice, Vancouver
Eileen E. Vanderburgh — Alexander Holburn Beaudin + Lang LLP, Vancouver
Jump Start on CPD 2018
Register by Feb 5
After Feb 5
|Webinar Rebroadcast Student
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the course materials.
Please note: The CPD hours of the rebroadcast may differ from the CPD hours of the original, live program.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer.* Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer