Your inside look at appraisers and appraisal reports
Thursday, February 15, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Vancouver location TBA
or attend via webinar
Who should attend: Lawyers working in large and small firms, in-house counsel, and those working with the Department of Justice; municipal officers, architects, engineers, urban developers, and consultants.
Learning level: All levels
Are you involved in cases such as foreclosure, matrimonial settlement, probate, and appraiser negligence, where residential or commercial appraisal reports are a part of the evidence? Join us for this exciting course where you will learn the quick check system of reviewing appraisals which can identify and expose any flaws in an appraisal report. In addition, experienced faculty will provide you with inside information about appraisers and appraisal reports not normally disclosed outside the appraisal community. This course is guaranteed to change the way you look at appraisals and appraisers, giving you a big advantage over the opposition. Included is an 81-page book that completely covers all aspects of appraisal review.
At this course, you will learn about:
- mistakes that occur in appraisal reports and why they are problematic
- appraiser professional standards and how to use them in appraiser negligence cases
- different ways to argue appraiser negligence cases
- how the cost approach works and why it is the best representation of value
- how to review the sales comparison approach and the mechanics of all adjustments
- mistakes in condo appraisal reports and how to calculate the correct value
- how to detect appraiser fraud
Law Society of BC CPD Hours: 6 hours (including a minimum of 1 hour pertaining to professional responsibility and ethics, client, care and relations, and/or practice management)
Steven G. Coull, IFAS, DAC, Certified Appraisal Reviewer — Strategic International Appraisement Services Ltd., Parksville
John A. Hossack — John A. Hossack & Associates, Parksville
Register by Jan 17
|Save even more with your CPDone Pass.
Registration includes an electronic copy of the reference materials.
*Lunch is included.
Webinar Archive: This course will be added to the Webinar Archive. See below to subscribe.
SPECIAL GROUP RATES! Plus-one pricing!
Gather a few colleagues around a computer to SAVE on Webinar/Rebroadcast costs! Groups pay full price for the main registrant + $149 per day for each additional viewer. *Contact Customer Service for more info.
*If your group includes a student, the first registration must be at the full rate if a lawyer is participating.
Unable to attend without financial support? Learn about our Bursary Program and Easy Pay Plan.
Can't make the course/webinar? Subscribe to:
1. Online Course Materials* — an on-demand archive of CLEBC papers since 2001
2. Webinar Archive* — an on-demand, online video repository of most past CLEBC courses
*Annual subscription rate based on firm size.
CLEBC Program Lawyer*