The only comprehensive set of civil jury instructions in Canada
This publication is essential for: Canadian civil trial judges and litigators.
Current to: December 1, 2016
This trusted reference is the only published set of civil jury instructions in Canada—a complete set of jury instructions comprehensively researched and annotated to relevant case law. CIVJI provides valuable assistance, clear, concise instructions, and a significant sourcebook of civil law. The instructions and succinct summaries of law on procedure, evidence, and defences are invaluable references for judges and lawyers in both jury and non-jury trials.
Highlights of the 2017 Update:
- revamped jury instructions for wrongful dismissal and sexual assault trials
- new content on frustration of employment contract due to illness and new sample questions for jury
- SCC jurisprudence on impartiality, independence, and absence of bias of experts
- BCCA discussion of vicarious liability for employee’s breach of customers’ privacy
- BCCA on the test for plaintiff’s mitigation re-recommended medical treatment
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn