Your guide to finding, choosing, and using an expert
This publication is essential for: all civil litigators.
Current to: July 1, 2015
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions to this book include convenient online access with search capability, links to the full text of cases and legislation, downloadable forms and precedents, and regular updates.
Expert evidence plays a critical role in most civil cases—and every litigator should know how to use experts to their full advantage. This practical guidebook is an essential resource to help you handle BC's distinctive rules. Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings—Third Edition provides commentary, strategies, and practice tools to allow you to make efficient use of expert evidence
- identify when and how to use experts
- analyze how to lay the factual basis for the opinion
- present your experts without them losing credibility or appearing partisan
- learn how to protect your expert on the witness stand
With this book you will be able to
- The book is designed for portability and as a handy, quick reference in court or at the office.
A few highlights of the third edition
- The entire book was thoroughly revised to incorporate the new scheme under Part 11 of the Supreme Court Civil Rules, a new overview chapter was added that briefly highlights significant changes under Part 11, and the precedent letters were revised to reflect the new Rules.
- Significant case law on expert evidence is discussed in detail.
CLEBC Legal Editor
Laura C. Selby