What you need to know to practice strata property law with success
This publication is essential for: solicitors and litigators looking for procedural guidance on dealing with strata matters.
Current to: February 1, 2017
Our province continues to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions. With ongoing legislative amendments as well as an active litigation environment, the BC Strata Property Practice Manual is your must-have resource for working in the field of strata property. Focused on practice and procedure rather than substantive law, this manual covers the legal requirements for creation, governance, operation, finances, and insurance of a strata corporation. In addition, it discusses dispute resolution and collections along with rental, employment, human rights, and privacy issues.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- handle the numerous complex legal relationships involved in a strata situation
- advise your strata corporation, lot owner, manager, owner developer, and local government clients on their rights and responsibilities
- save drafting time with over 50 strata property forms and precedents
Subscribe and be strata savvy today!
Highlights of the 2017 update
- new chapter on the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- revised chapters on strata litigation and dispute resolution
- new 80% voting threshold, other legislative changes re winding up a strata corporation
- effective planning for winding up
- legislative amendments re cancelling a bare land strata plan
- new Court of Appeal decisions on:
- importance of unanimous vote to change designation of limited common property
- extent of strata corporation's duty to repair limited common property
- requirement to give notice before imposing fines
- administering rental restrictions under bylaw
- remedy where Certificate of Lien overstates quantum claimed
- Human Rights Tribunal guidance on accommodating need for service or guide dogs
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn