From the ground floor up
This publication is essential for: Lawyers acting for parties involved in strata matters, such as strata corporations, strata lot owners, strata managers, owner-developers, and local government.
Current to: March 1, 2016
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions to this book include convenient online access with search capability, links to the full text of cases and legislation, downloadable forms and precedents, and regular updates.
With our province continuing to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, and with significant legislative amendments now in force as well as an active litigation environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is an essential practice tool for solicitors and litigators working in the field of strata property. The book is a winner of the ACLEA Award for Professional Excellence in Publications!
Highlights of the 2016 update
- court approval of special levy resolution without 3/4 vote where repair or maintenance necessary for safety or loss prevention (case law and statutory amendment)
- forthcoming legislative amendments
- new voting threshold for approval of winding up
- winding-up resolutions, with or without a liquidator or court-ordered
- limit on need for written consent of registered charge holders to winding-up resolutions
- new statutory definitions: sectional 3/4 vote; 80% vote (forthcoming)
- case law updates on administrator’s powers, voting threshold requirements, remedies for significantly unfair acts, use of contingency reserve fund, and more
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn