This publication is essential for: family law legal support staff and junior lawyers.
Current to: November 1, 2014
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions to this book include convenient online access with search capability, links to the full text of cases and legislation, downloadable forms and precedents, and regular updates.
Designed for family law support staff of all levels of experience, the comprehensive BC-focused Family Law Deskbook is your essential resource for managing the full range of family law topics. Written and reviewed by experienced family law legal support staff, the Deskbook focuses on what you need to know to manage your family law files in an effective and timely way.
This resource gives you quick and convenient access to:
- succinct explanations of basic concepts in family law, including a glossary of commonly-used terms
- checklists for completing tasks in a family law file, followed by explanations of how and why to complete the tasks
- identification of ethical issues and the division of responsibilities in a family law practice
- the forms you most commonly need, including precedents unique to the needs of legal support staff
- forms, precedents, and checklists available as downloads
Online access conveniently places this resource at your fingertips and is fully searchable with links to full-text cases and legislation.
Highlights of the 2015 update
Changes to family law practice based on:
- the Family Law Act and regulations
- amendments to the Court of Appeal Rules, Supreme Court Family Rules, and the Provincial Court (Family) Rules
- new and amended Supreme Court Practice Directions
- amendments to prescribed forms and often-used precedents
CLEBC Legal Editor
Laura C. Selby