Get answers to your PPSA questions—from negotiating security to non-compliance
This publication is essential for: lawyers acting for or advising creditors or debtors in secured transactions.
Current to: September 1, 2014
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions to this book include convenient online access with search capability, links to the full text of cases and legislation, downloadable forms and precedents, and regular updates.
The only practical guide to PPSA transactions, the British Columbia Personal Property Security Act Practice Manual takes you step by step through all the parts of a secured transaction. Regularly updated, this two-volume, practice-oriented manual is written and reviewed by leading PPSA practitioners and contains the Act and Regulation.
Highlights of the 2014 update
- thorough and updated discussion of aircraft financings
- impact of the Cape Town Convention
- scope of PPSA and related conflicts issues
- updated discussion of security interests in licences
- fishing licences (and vessels)
- liquor licences
- forest licences and tenures
- park use permits
- security interests in rolling stock
- revamped subordinations discussion
- updated table of priority cases
- updated procedures for discharging PPR registrations
- new BCCA authority on court’s remedial powers in summary proceedings
- new case law on commercial reasonableness of sale by receiver
- updated forms and precedents and checklists
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn