From incorporation to dissolution
This publication is essential for: every lawyer who practices business law in BC.
Current to: October 1, 2016
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions to this book include convenient online access with search capability, links to the full text of cases and legislation, downloadable forms and precedents, and regular updates.
This comprehensive practice manual is the authoritative guide to British Columbia company law and practice. Originally published in 1997, this authoritative two-volume work has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes required by the Business Corporations Act.
The manual maps out every step of every transaction—from incorporation to dissolution. Written by leading practitioners and reviewed by a very distinguished editorial board, the manual provides you with unique access to information you won't find anywhere else.
Highlights of the 2016 Update
- comprehensive new chapter on British Columbia societies under Societies Act in force November 28, 2016
- updated information on securities legislation and exemption requirements
- November 2016 regulatory amendments re name prohibitions
- updated information on dividend tax rates
- coming into force of Canadian Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act
- Canadian corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy re extractive industries
- areas of increasing D&O liability insurance claims activity
- new CRA folio on interest deductibility on shareholders’ loans; continued ambiguity despite recent FCA confirmation of the test
- new case law on prohibition on redemption in insolvency
- November 2016 additions to list of records that must be e-filed with registrar
- November 2016 statutory amendment re missing corporate records
- sample restoration orders for full and limited restorations
- coming into force of First Protocol Amendment to NWPTA
- new case law: oppression claims; indemnification of directors in successful derivative actions; shareholders’ agreements; amalgamation of BC companies with cooperative associations
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn