Your portable estates law library
This publication is essential for: all wills and estates practitioners looking for a handy reference, particularly in court or when away from the office.
A crucial part of your CLEBC library, Annotated Estates Practice is your indispensable compilation of BC wills and estates statutes, rules, and regulations. Designed for portability, this resource is convenient for use both at the office and in court. It is annually updated by experienced estates lawyers who annotate key statutes as well as the Supreme Court Civil Rules with summaries of important decisions. Also included are former statutes, a table of cases, a subject index, and a table of concordance for ease of use.
With Annotated Estates Practice, you will be able to:
- easily access core materials for your wills and estates practice in one place
- efficiently begin the search for answers to your wills and estates question
- easily understand the courts’ interpretation of specific sections of key statutes and rules
Highlights of the 2017 Update:
- new principal residence provisions in the Income Tax Act, and new “foreign entity” and “taxable trustee“ provisions in the Property Transfer Tax Act
- Personal Information Protection Act Regulations (including provisions clarifying right to information before a representation grant is obtained) added to the publication
- many key annotations added to the annotated statutes (e.g., WESA, Trustee Act, Power of Attorney Act, Patients Property Act)
- former statutes and the related table of concordance continue to be included at the back of the publication
- all contents brought current to April 5, 2017 (with amendments to the WESA, Trustee Act and many other statutes and regulations)
CLEBC Legal Editor