Click here to read a sample from the book
Your British Columbia source on debt recovery and collections
This publication is essential for: lawyers retained to collect debts owed to their clients and lawyers retained to act for debtors.
Current to: July 1, 2017
Created in response to your requests for a creditor-debtor resource, BC Creditors' Remedies—An Annotated Guide is your one-stop resource for direction on any collection-related practice issue in BC. With over 400 pages of annotated precedents and step-by-step instructions guiding you through creditors’ remedies practice in BC Supreme Court, this two-part guide covers assessing and managing collections, prejudgment collections, debtor asset assessment, how to effectively use execution proceedings, and tips on acting for the debtor.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- confidently navigate the procedures and court forms involved in debt recovery in BC
- capably advise your client regarding the various remedies available for collection
- benefit from commentary from experienced counsel on debt recovery best practices and pitfalls to avoid
Subscribe and be adept at dealing with debt collection today!
Highlights of the 2017 update:
- new discussion of claims that survive bankruptcy
- new requirements of a “collector” under the Business Practices and Consumer Protection Act
- discussion of the Solution Explorer and facilitation at the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- BCCA clarification of the effect of a finding of fraudulent conveyance
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn