A practical guide to obtaining the most common chambers orders, including standard-form orders
This publication is essential for: litigators in the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
Current to: October 1, 2016
If you draft orders, you know the importance of getting it right! Put authoritative precedents and commentary at your fingertips with CLEBC's distinguished book Supreme Court Chambers Orders—Annotated. The orders, with annotations, were drafted by judges and reviewed by the Judges' Practice Committee when the book was first published. Now updated by a team of leading contributors and reviewers from bench, bar, and registry, this book features relevant extracts from the Supreme Court Civil Rules as well as annotated administrative notices, practice directions, and current legislation. Be fully prepared with this quick reference to sample orders and commentary.
The book is updated regularly. Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation, and precedent orders on CD-ROM.
Highlights of the 2016 update
- updated info on model orders and practice directions
- updated information and orders for trial management conferences and case planning conferences
- info on consent order for disclosure of police records in motor vehicle action
- new information on masters’ jurisdiction
- orders for passing of accounts and discharge of personal representative under WESA
- case law on order for time extension where jury notice filed
- case law on litigation privilege where disclosure of name of expert sought
- information on video conferencing of witnesses before trial
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn