This book is essential for: All civil litigators.
Expert evidence plays a critical role in most civil cases—and every litigator should know how to use experts to their full advantage. This practical 6" x 9" softcover guidebook is an essential resource to help you handle BC's distinctive rules. Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings—Second Edition provides commentary, strategies, and practice tools to allow you to make efficient use of expert evidence.
With this book you will be able to
- identify when and how to use experts
- analyze how to lay the factual basis for the opinion
- present your experts without them losing credibility or appearing partisan
- learn how to protect your expert on the witness stand
The book is designed for portability and as a handy, quick reference in court or at the office.
A few highlights of the second edition
- a new chapter on the use of expert evidence in mediations and beyond
- coverage of the use of experts in expedited trials under Supreme Court Rule 68 (Expedited Litigation Project Rule)
- more expansive discussion on the use of the client or client's agent as expert witnesses
- discussion of new case law from the Supreme Court of Canada, British Columbia Court of Appeal, and Supreme Court of British Columbia