Your guide to finding, choosing, and using an expert
This publication is essential for: all civil litigators.
Current to: July 1, 2015
Expert evidence plays a critical role in most civil cases—and every litigator should know how to use experts to their full advantage. This practical 6" x 9" softcover guidebook is an essential resource to help you handle BC's distinctive rules. Expert Evidence in British Columbia Civil Proceedings—Fourth Edition provides commentary, strategies, and practice tools to allow you to make efficient use of expert evidence.
Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
With this book you will be able to
- identify when and how to use experts
- analyze how to lay the factual basis for the opinion
- present your experts without them losing credibility or appearing partisan
- learn how to protect your expert on the witness stand
- have online access to the electronic version with hyperlinks to primary law
The book is designed for portability and as a handy, quick reference in court or at the office.
A few highlights of the fourth edition
- extensive discussion of the Supreme Court of Canada's decision, White Burgess Langille Inman v. Abbot and Haliburton Co., 2015 SCC 23 throughout the chapters
- updates throughout the chapters incorporating significant case law on expert evidence from the British Columbia and Ontario courts
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor