This book is essential for: junior to intermediate lawyers in real estate practice, and helpful for seasoned practitioners.
Current to: April 1, 2010
A practical day-to-day guide to real estate conveyancing
This practical, day-to-day guide leads you quickly and completely through the necessary steps of a conveyance. The manual includes:
• thorough discussion of residential property, including searches and investigations
• summary chapter on commercial property transactions
• special considerations for strata lots
• discussion of lawyers' undertakings and professional responsibility issues
• the latest case law on duties of real estate licensees
• full coverage of tax considerations for both residential and commercial property
• practical advice and remedies for a collapsing deal
Rounding out this all-in-one resource are 130 of the most common real estate forms and precedents, including essential land title office documents.
Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation, updates each spring, and forms and precedents on CD-ROM.
Highlights of the 2010 Update
- electronic trust withdrawals under $25 million
- change in “simple conveyance” disqualification
- change to qualification as “taxable Canadian property”
- HST considerations for purchasers and vendors
- money laundering reporting requirements of developers
- new case law:
- licensee remuneration
- developers’ disclosure statements
- exceptions to indefeasibility of title—fraud
- vendor’s claim to deposit in collapsed deal