Your practical day-to-day guide to real estate conveyancing!
This publication is essential for: junior to intermediate lawyers in real estate practice, and helpful for seasoned practitioners.
Current to: March 1, 2017
This practical, day-to-day guide leads you quickly and completely through the necessary steps of a conveyance. The manual includes:
- thorough discussion of residential property, including searches and investigations
- summary chapter on commercial property transactions
- special considerations for strata lots
- discussion of lawyers' undertakings and professional responsibility issues
- the latest decisions on duties of real estate licensees
- full coverage of tax considerations for both residential and commercial property
- practical advice and remedies for collapsing deal
In this all-in-one resource are more than 130 real estate forms and precedents, including essential land title office documents.
Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to full text of case law and legislation and forms and precedents on CD-ROM.
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are available. Subscribe now.
Highlights of the 2017 Update of the British Columbia Real Estate Practice Manual include:
- misrepresentations in disclosure statement—extent of presumption of deemed reliance, limit to damages recoverable (BCCA)
- scope of a licensee’s fiduciary duty (BCSC)
- adverse possession (SCC)
- loss from notary’s theft of mortgage proceeds falling to mortgagee/lender (BCCA)
- additional property transfer tax on foreign entities purchasing in specified area
- restrictions on assignment of purchase contract
- principal residence reporting requirement
- vacancy tax in City of Vancouver
- transfer of oversight of Real Estate Council of British Columbia and rule-making authority to Superintendent of Real Estate; elected Council disbanded; appointment of sitting Council members by Lieutenant Governor in Council; increase in discipline penalties
- expanded discussion of fraud and lawyers’ professional ethical obligations
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn