This book is essential for: lawyers acting for borrowers, guarantors, and lenders in mortgage transactions.
Current to: October 1, 2010
Know every step of a mortgage transaction—from receipt of instructions to closing
A wealth of rules and regulations govern mortgage transactions in British Columbia. What are their practical implications and how do you apply them in your day-to-day work? This essential reference book reviews the residential mortgage and discusses special considerations for commercial mortgage transactions.
Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation, forms and precedents on CD-ROM, and regular updates.
Highlights of the 2010 update
- new discussion on practice tips to avoid real estate fraud
- Court of Appeal comment on good, safe-holding, and marketable title
- updated text on tax matters, including HST and withholding tax treaty restrictions
- Law Society of B.C. client identification and verification procedure checklist
- improved and updated precedent search letters and contact information