Winner of ACLEA Award Professional Excellence in Publications!
This publication is essential for: Lawyers acting for parties involved in strata matters, such as strata corporations, strata lot owners, strata managers, owner-developers, and local government.
Current to: March 1, 2016
With our province continuing to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, and with significant legislative amendments now in force as well as an active litigation environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is an essential practice tool for solicitors and litigators working in the field of strata property.
Subscriptions include forms, precedents, and checklists on CD-ROM, and online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
NEW! ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are now available. Click here to subscribe.
Highlights of the 2016 update
- court approval of special levy resolution without 3/4 vote where repair or maintenance necessary for safety or loss prevention (case law and statutory amendment)
- forthcoming legislative amendments
- new voting threshold for approval of winding up
- winding-up resolutions, with or without a liquidator or court-ordered
- limit on need for written consent of registered charge holders to winding-up resolutions
- new statutory definitions: sectional 3/4 vote; 80% vote (forthcoming)
- case law updates on administrator’s powers, voting threshold requirements, remedies for significantly unfair acts, use of contingency reserve fund, and more
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
At no cost to you, receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for information on content and cost of the update. If you choose to purchase the update, you will be billed—otherwise, there is no cost to you. Ensure that you never miss out on important updates and sign up now!
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn