Winner of ACLEA Award of Professional Excellence in Publications!
This publication is essential for: Lawyers acting for parties involved in strata matters, such as strata corporations, strata lot owners, strata managers, owner developers, and local government.
Current to: February 1, 2017
With our province continuing to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, and with significant legislative amendments now in force as well as an active litigation environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is an essential practice tool for solicitors and litigators working in the field of strata property.
Subscriptions include forms, precedents, and checklists on CD-ROM, and online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are available. Subscribe now.
Highlights of the 2017 update
- new chapter on the Civil Resolution Tribunal
- revised chapters on strata litigation and dispute resolution
- new 80% voting threshold, other legislative changes re winding up a strata corporation
- effective planning for winding up
- legislative amendments re cancelling a bare land strata plan
- new Court of Appeal decisions on:
- importance of unanimous vote to change designation of limited common property
- extent of strata corporation's duty to repair limited common property
- requirement to give notice before imposing fines
- administering rental restrictions under bylaw
- remedy where Certificate of Lien overstates quantum claimed
- Human Rights Tribunal guidance on accommodating need for service or guide dogs
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn