From incorporation to dissolution
This publication is essential for: every lawyer who practices business law in BC.
Current to: October 1, 2011
This comprehensive practice manual is the authoritative guide to British Columbia company law and practice. Originally published in 1997, this authoritative two-volume work has been thoroughly revised and updated to reflect changes required by the Business Corporations Act.
The manual maps out every step of every transaction—from incorporation to dissolution. Written by leading practitioners and reviewed by a very distinguished editorial board, the manual provides you with unique access to information you won't find anywhere else.
The book is updated regularly, and subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text case law and legislation, and forms and precedents on CD-ROM.
NEW! ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are now available. Click here to subscribe.
Highlights of the 2012 Update
- all legislative, regulatory, case law, and practice developments since April 2009
- four new chapters, introducing expanded coverage of
- amalgamations (new chapter 11)
- arrangements (new chapter 11A)
- compulsory acquisitions and disposal of undertaking (new chapter 11B)
- continuations (new chapter 11C)
- significant revision of chapter 4 (Incorporation and Organization), chapter 9 (Special Corporate Procedures) and chapter 16 (Transition)
- new subtopics introduced in several chapters, including a new discussion of duties owed to society—the good corporate citizen (in chapter 6 (Corporate Governance))
- many forms and precedents updated, including the Model Articles
CLEBC Legal Editor