From incorporation to dissolution: Every step of every transaction under the Business Corporations Act and Societies Act.
This publication is essential for: lawyers looking for guidance on requirements and transactions under the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act.
Current to: October 1, 2016
The lengthy and complicated requirements of the BC Business Corporations Act and Societies Act demand a comprehensive resource. BC Company Law Practice Manual is your manual on navigating and keeping your clients compliant under both Acts. Focused on practice and procedure, this resource follows the structure of the Acts and maps out every step of every transaction from incorporation and meetings to amalgamations and dissolution. For each transaction, you will find commentary, explanations, and leading case law curated by leading BC corporate law practitioners.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- advise your clients on the propriety of their Business Corporations Act and Societies Act transactions and filings
- save time researching wording and developing transaction documents with over 125 forms and precedents
- keep abreast of the latest developments in corporate law and procedures
Buy your copy and be corporate law compliant today!
Highlights of the 2016 Update
- comprehensive new chapter on British Columbia societies under Societies Act in force November 28, 2016
- updated information on securities legislation and exemption requirements
- November 2016 regulatory amendments rename prohibitions
- updated information on dividend tax rates
- coming into force of Canadian Extractive Sector Transparency Measures Act
- Canadian corporate social responsibility (CSR) strategy re extractive industries
- areas of increasing D&O liability insurance claims activity
- new CRA folio on interest deductibility on shareholders’ loans; continued ambiguity despite recent FCA
confirmation of the test
- new case law on prohibition on redemption in insolvency
- November 2016 additions to list of records that must be e-filed with registrar
- November 2016 statutory amendment re missing corporate records
- sample restoration orders for full and limited restorations
- coming into force of First Protocol Amendment to NWPTA
- new case law: oppression claims; indemnification of directors in successful derivative actions; shareholders’ agreements; amalgamation of BC companies with cooperative associations
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published.
Contact Customer Service for more information.