From preliminary documentation to closing the deal
This publication is essential for: lawyers at all levels of practice who act for purchasers or vendors of businesses or for lenders who loan funds to those buying a business.
Current to: October 1, 2015
This popular collection of annotated precedents is an essential reference for lawyers working with business acquisitions. Whether your transaction is an asset purchase or a share purchase, you'll find hundreds of pages of useful precedents with concise annotations and commentary. You will save time by drafting documents that reflect current law and practice. You will understand the purpose of each clause and how to use them to serve your clients better.
This book is updated regularly. Subscriptions include online access with search capability and links to the full text of case law and legislation.
ONLINE ONLY annual subscriptions are available. Subscribe now.
Highlights of the 2015 update
- revised Asset Purchase Agreements reflecting current practice and terminology regarding allocation of purchase price and adjustments before and after closing
- revised covenants for dealing with liabilities regarding employees post-closing
refinements in notice provisions
- revised definitions for several key concepts, including two sets of accounting principles, working capital and current assets and liabilities, and knowledge
- recent introduction to business transactions
- an obligation on the parties to a business transaction to complete the agreement “in good faith”
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
L. Joy Tataryn