The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC is the profession’s preferred source for educational programs and publications in the province. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from course registrations and publication sales. The Programs group offers more than 80 in-depth courses that support BC’s 12,000 lawyers on specific facets of the profession, ranging from taxation and family law to more contemporary topics like technology and Aboriginal law. The Publications group has built a publication list of more than 50 books that are easy to use, comprehensive, reliable, and practice-oriented.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service Representative. As part of the Customer Service team, the Customer Service Representative is an important part of shaping our customers’ experience, from setting up new accounts to answering questions and actively listening for opportunities to expand and deliver great products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Provide customers with information on CLEBC products and resources
- Process orders and registrations (received by phone, fax, mail, e-mail, and in person)
- Respond to product, account, subscription and shipment inquiries, and investigate and solve related problems
- Manage standing orders and subscriptions, ensure accuracy of customer profile and product pages
- Accurately apply payments, credits and refunds via Bambora and the web store
- Work in conjunction with accounting staff to solve customer account problems; submit accounts receivables payments and assist with invoice and statement inquiries.
- Administration of customer database
- Work with Publications department to ensure accurate inventory control and that sufficient stock levels are maintained
- Assist with displays for CLEBC Courses and events to promote of CLEBC publications
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Assist and support other departments where appropriate
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and education:
- Previous experience in a customer service/sales role with knowledge of customer service/sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Attention to detail; ability to be thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small
- Ability to organize and prioritize, strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency with Word and Excel; knowledge of Great Plains software packages an asset
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm
- Exhibit values of trust, teamwork, and accountability
- High energy, enthusiastic personality
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.