The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 12,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
We have an opening for an Onsite Liaison for our courses. We are looking for an energetic, engaged, intelligent, organized individual who has the ability to problem solve and accept responsibility. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, the ability to consistently provide outstanding customer service to all, and have a helpful, push-up-your-sleeves attitude.
This is a part-time, seasonal position.
- Receiving & shipping supplies and course materials
- Checking room set-up against facility event order
- Checking audio-visual set-up against A/V event order
- Liaising with hotel staff
- Liaising with faculty/volunteers
- Liaising with the Program Coordinator
- Liaising with the Program Lawyer
- Recognizing and troubleshooting problems with the hotel, food & beverage, faculty, course materials, A/V, & registrants/customers
- Lifting of heavy boxes
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and education:
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of professionalism and maturity
- Strong team player; able to work with a diverse group of people, and be willing to assist where needed
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Attention to detail; ability to be thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask; strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; strong oral and written English language skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook and Word
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression.
CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply with a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25, 2023.