The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC is the profession’s preferred source for educational programs and publications in the province. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from course registrations and publication sales. The Programs group offers more than 80 in-depth courses that support BC’s 10,000 lawyers on specific facets of the profession, ranging from taxation and family law to more contemporary topics like technology and Aboriginal law. The Publications group has built a publication list of more than 50 books that are easy to use, comprehensive, reliable, and practice-oriented.
We have an immediate opening for a Program Coordinator/Administrative Assistant. The Program Coordinator/Administrative Assistant is a part of the team that is responsible for the effective and efficient logistical planning and delivery of CLEBC courses.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the logistical aspects of CLEBC courses ensuring that all course and registrant details are handled professionally and efficiently.
- Prepares all course agendas. Checks against web/brochure copy and program designers’ updated copy to incorporate changes to times or topics. Proofreads to ensure accuracy and formatting.
- Works with facility staff, audio visual staff and CLEBC Program Liaisons at course sites.
- Engages in ongoing correspondence and problem solving with both our contributors and internal staff to ensure we are producing high level products and providing exceptional customer service.
- Books all travel and accommodations for out of town contributors.
- Responsible for approximately five professional speaker courses each calendar year including scheduling, negotiating fee, writing marketing copy and working with the speaker to ensure the best possible experience for the CLEBC audience. Attends at course site to see to final details and introduce the guest speaker(s).
- Creates accounts in CLEBC store database for new contributors ensuring accuracy of employment details and contact information for use by program designers, on the website and in marketing copy.
- Oversees the coordination and set up of approximately 100 meetings each calendar year. This includes: ordering lunch, setting up boardroom and clean up.
- Performs other duties as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills and abilities:
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills with the ability to prioritize tasks and effectively manage numerous tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving abilities
- Attention to detail; ability to be thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively and build relationships with co-workers, customers and volunteers
- Strong customer service orientation, recognizing the value that CLEBC places on every interaction with its customers and volunteers, is imperative
- Strong team player; able to work with a diverse group of people and be willing to assist and pitch in where needed
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including MS Word, Outlook and related applications
- Comfortable and adaptable with new technologies and social media including audience responders, live webinar, video streaming and Twitter
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Must to be able to work early mornings (7:00 a.m.) on course days
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.