The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 12,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Network Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Digital Transformation, this position is responsible for general network setup and maintenance on local and cloud/wide area networks (LAN’s and C/WAN’s). The Network Administrator installs, configures, and supports software and hardware components of internal/external networks, as well as deploys and maintains all computer network-oriented systems, applications, and related computer equipment. The Senior Network Administrator troubleshoots network performance concerns and provides technical guidance and support to end-users.
This position engages with and supervises external resources (i.e., contractors, technicians) assigning tasks and ensuring they are being performed to the standards of the organization. The Senior Network Administrator also provides technical training, support, and guidance to CLEBC employees.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintain the current network and systems infrastructure including switches, firewall, VPN, and patch panels
- Daily server administration and troubleshooting of a Microsoft Active Directory-based networked environment, as well as Azure and AWS Cloud environments
- Network administration and troubleshooting of an Exchange Email environment
- Maintain data communications and connection solutions, including LAN and VPN
- Perform server and security audits. Maintain test, development, and production of servers for various applications and systems
- Perform disaster recovery operations and data backups as required
- Plan, test, and integrate hardware or software implementations into the network and integrate into a server virtualization environment
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Work to budgets and timelines defined in planning sessions
- Research and make recommendations for continuous improvement and design of existing systems
- Recommend and implement best practices for network administration
- Implement network monitoring tools and processes
- Work closely with managed service provider in monitoring and maintenance of network infrastructure
- Provide internal helpdesk support to all departments within the organization in collaboration with managed service provider
- Acquire, deploy, and support staff computing devices and printers
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal Candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and abilities:
- University degree or diploma in the field of computer science or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of system administration experience
- Working knowledge of VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft server technologies
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Routers, Switches, and Firewalls
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining servers and associated operating systems
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure environments is required
- Experience supporting remote workers is an asset
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. The starting hiring salary range for this position is $70,100 to $94,900. CLEBC is a hybrid workplace, the Senior Network Administrator is required to work in the office 2 days a week.
If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in CLEBC; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.