Handle your probate and estate matters with confidence
This publication is essential for: all practitioners who do estate administration or estate litigation work
Current to: April 5, 2017
BC Probate and Estate Practice Manual is the only practice-oriented guide for British Columbian legal professionals working in the area of probate and estate administration. This publication is a long-standing, trusted resource, which is written and peer-reviewed by BC's leading probate and estate administration practitioners.
With the BC Probate and Estate Practice Manual, you will:
- have a step-by-step, practical guidance on managing probate and estate matters
- provide initial advice to a personal representative
- prepare and to make applications
- handle difficult tax and conflict of law issues
Online access conveniently places this resource at your fingertips and is fully searchable with links to full-text cases and legislation.
Highlights of the 2017 update:
- guidance for the prinicpal residence changes, and the latest developments regarding the taxation of trusts and gifts
- practical information for dealing with the additional property tax, the Vancouver vacancy tax, and other issues relating to the LTSA and the provincial filings
- new topics such as handling multiple wills (chapter 5), appellate review of registrar orders (chapter 15), interim orders in wills variation proceedings (chapter 19), and competing claims between spouses and children (chapter 19)
- over 60 new cases incorporated into the commentary including the first WESA s. 151 decisions
|Print + Online Package
Stay current—sign up for our Standing Order list!
Receive a friendly reminder one month before a new update is published. Contact Customer Service for more information.
CLEBC Legal Editor
Jonathan M. Vogt