What you need to know to practise strata property law with success
This publication is essential for: lawyers who need guidance on advising and acting for clients in the strata property context.
BC continues to undergo a high level of new strata construction and conversions, with windups now growing in number. With challenging legislative amendments and an active litigation and administrative law environment, the British Columbia Strata Property Practice Manual is your must-have resource for doing legal work in the strata property context. Focused on the nuances of practice in light of changing authorities, this manual explains requirements for creation, governance, operation, phasing, and winding up of a strata corporation, as well as financing, insurance, collections, rental, employment, human rights, and privacy issues. Relied on and cited by courts and tribunal, the manual offers help for legal professionals grappling with traditional and new venues for resolving strata disputes.
With this resource, you will be able to:
- read a strata plan and understand required land title filings
- work with the distinctions between strata lots, CP, and LCP
- gain confidence in your grasp of how sections operate and the meaning of types
- work effectively with strata bylaws
- advise your strata corporation, strata council and executive, section executive, strata lot owner, tenant, or occupant, strata manager, owner developer, and local government clients on their rights and responsibilities
- save drafting time with over 50 strata property forms and precedents
Buy today and be strata-savvy!