The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 12,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
We have an immediate opening for a Customer Service/Order Fulfillment Representative. As part of the Customer Service team, this role is an important part of shaping our customers’ experience, from setting up new accounts to answering questions and actively listening for opportunities to expand and deliver great products and services. This role is also responsible for the fulfillment of CLEBC’s print product orders as well as the upkeep and organization of the office warehouse.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Customer Service (70%)
- Provide customers with information on CLEBC products and resources
- Process orders and registrations
- Respond to product, account, subscription, and shipment inquiries, and investigate and solve related problems
- Manage standing orders and subscriptions, ensure accuracy of customer profile and product pages
- Accurately apply payments, credits, and refunds via Bambora
- Work in conjunction with accounting staff to solve customer account problems; submit accounts receivables payments and assist with invoice and statement inquiries
- Management and administration of customer database
- Provide technical support for web store, online courses, and online subscription services
- Build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Assist and support other departments where appropriate
Order Fulfillment (30%):
- Ship customer orders for print book products on a weekly turnaround time
- Liaise with couriers and Canada Post
- Assist with physical count, stock, and organize inventory (include recycling old inventory) under the guidance of the inventory production assistant
- Restock returned inventory
- Inter-file update tabs into core tabs
- Re-shrink-wrap inventory for damaged shrink-wrap
- Order shipping supplies
- Assist with cycle count and year-end count
- Upload bulk orders to Canada Post EST Site
- Troubleshoot discrepancies for bulk orders
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills, abilities, and education:
- Previous experience in a customer service/sales role with knowledge of customer service/sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques is an asset
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with key business partners and customers
- Attention to detail; ability to be thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small
- Ability to organize and prioritize, strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Word and Excel; knowledge of Great Plains software an asset
- Ability to type a minimum of 50 wpm
- Ability to lift 20 lbs
- High energy, enthusiastic personality
- Experience/familiarity with the legal industry is an asset.
Due to COVID-19 our employees are working remotely. The Customer Service/Order Fulfillment Representative must work in the office for order fulfillment, an average of one day per week.
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 15, 2021.