The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 12,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant delivers email campaigns to reach sales targets and generate awareness for CLEBC products and services. The Digital Marketing Assistant works with a complex email marketing production schedule and is required to distribute and manage lists for numerous weekly emails to our customers, for both transactional and promotional purposes. This role prepares social media marketing and performs basic website maintenance (e.g. creating and editing pages), and handles additional marketing assistant responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Email Marketing (50%):
- Implements email marketing campaigns ensuring email design and content is accurate, consistent, and compelling
- Creates specific and relevant marketing messages with available stock images or graphics
- Provides regular reporting on what is working and what is not
- Executes email marketing schedule
- Keeps customer database and mailing lists up to date
- Pulls and segments data-driven lists based on customer details
- Performs A/B and multivariate tests as requested by Manager
- Stays current with industry trends and email marketing best practices
General Marketing Assistant Responsibilities (50%):
- Creates/edits website pages using WordPress
- Writes and posts content to social media accounts
- Coordinates selection and delivery of volunteer speaker and author gifts
- Copyedits and proofreads marketing copy and website content
- Other duties as needed
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and education:
- Degree or diploma in marketing and/or communications or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working in a professional work environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy
- Marketing experience with a passion for e-commerce, digital marketing, and data analysis an asset
- Experience with an Email Service Provider (e.g. MailChimp, ClickDimensions) an asset
- Strong comprehension of e-campaign performance metrics and optimization techniques an asset
- Experience with list creation, segmentation, and list management an asset
- Proficiency in HTML, design, copy-writing, UX an asset
- Hands-on experience with analytics and testing an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment an asset
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and a tenacious attitude
Due to COVID-19 our employees are working remotely.
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by May 7, 2021