The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC is the profession’s preferred source for educational programs and publications in the province. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from course registrations and publication sales. The Programs group offers more than 80 in-depth courses that support BC’s 10,000 lawyers on specific facets of the profession, ranging from taxation and family law to more contemporary topics like technology and Aboriginal law. The Publications group has built a publication list of more than 50 books that are easy to use, comprehensive, reliable, and practice-oriented.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Email Marketing Specialist leads the creation and execution of email campaigns to reach sales targets and generate awareness for CLEBC products and services. The Email Marketing Specialist manages a sophisticated email marketing production schedule and is required to distribute and manage lists for numerous weekly emails to our customers, for both transactional and promotional purposes.
- Creates email marketing campaigns including template designs and calls to action, ensuring email design and content is consistent and compelling
- Creates specific and relevant marketing messages and create or source graphics
- Tests and measures email campaigns on a regular basis and provide regular reporting on what is working and what is not working
- Maintains and manages email marketing schedule
- Manages and maintains hygienic customer database and mailing lists
- Pulls and segments data-driven lists based on customer details
- Routinely conducts A/B and multivariate tests; optimizes where needed
- Stays current with industry trends and email marketing best practices
- Ensures compliance with anti-spam legislation
- Other duties in the marketing department, as needed
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, skills and abilities:
- Well-rounded digital marketer with a passion for e-commerce and online marketing
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a multi-product environment with a diverse customer database
- A business degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to design email templates for desktop and mobile
- Strong comprehension of e-campaign performance metrics and optimization techniques
- Experience with list creation, segmentation, and list management
- Experience with an EMP (e.g. MailChimp) and email automation (e.g. ClickDimensions)
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, design, copy-writing, UX
- Hands-on experience with analytics and testing
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics CRM environment an asset
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy, strong communication skills (written and verbal), and tenacious attitude
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.