The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 10,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
We have an immediate opportunity for a Junior Network Administrator. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, this position is responsible for providing internal help desk support and maintaining the current network and systems infrastructure and policies.
This is a temporary full-time position, with the possibility of becoming permanent.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide internal helpdesk support to all departments within the organization
- Maintain the current network and systems infrastructure including switches, firewall, VPN, and patch panels
- Daily server administration and troubleshooting of a Microsoft Active Directory based networked environment
- Network administration and troubleshooting of an Exchange Email environment
- Research and make recommendations for continuous improvement and design of existing systems
- Maintain data communications and connection solutions, including LAN and VPN
- Perform server and security audits. Maintain test, development and production servers for various applications and systems
- Perform system backups and recovery
- Plan, test and integrate hardware or software implementations into the network and integrate into a server virtualization environment
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Plan, acquire and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology
The ideal Candidate will possess the following experience, skills and abilities:
- University degree or diploma in the field of computer science and 2 plus years of system administration experience
- Working knowledge of VMware, Citrix and Microsoft server technologies are required
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience in installing, upgrading, and maintaining servers and associated operating systems
- Experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure environments is an asset
- Experience supporting remote workers is an asset
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.