The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 10,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
Looking for a challenging and interesting career, while maintaining work/life balance?
We have an immediate opening for a Multimedia Design Specialist. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Multimedia Design Specialist is responsible for the maintenance and design of a variety of CLEBC online and offline content. This includes, but not limited to: website, webstore, intranet, social media (design and assistance with content creation), video production, brochures, newsletters, branded content, and other marketing collateral.
The successful incumbent will be accountable for the technical and graphical aspects of CLEBC digital properties while ensuring a consistent and engaging user-experience.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Create and update user-friendly web pages that drive awareness and sales
- Ensure web pages have useful and relevant content to achieve high rankings on search engines
- Produce web pages and email templates that are effective on mobile and desktop devices
- Create and curate effective graphics for marketing purposes
- Test pages regularly and optimize accordingly
- Align tactics to marketing strategy and business plan
- Create printed collateral that is opened, read, and acted upon
- Create effective ads that generate interest and drive sales
- Provide graphics and imagery for social, email, and website that create interest and drive sales
- Capture and edit video for the purpose of marketing, training, and branding
The ideal Candidate will possess the following education, experience, skills and abilities:
- A degree or diploma in web or graphic design (or equivalent work experience)
- Multi-disciplinary – Experience with web based and video mediums
- A minimum of three years’ web/graphic design experience
- Proficient in HTML/CSS (minimum)
- In-depth knowledge/experience with WordPress, WP Engine, and associated plug-ins
- Strong understanding of mobile technologies and responsive web design
- Knowledge and experience with Google Analytics
- In-depth knowledge/experience with Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-versed in marketing and sales
- Familiar with SEO and SEM
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- Stays current with design trends and industry developments
- Experience working in print production is an asset
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.