The Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (“CLEBC”) is the BC legal profession’s preferred source for education and publications. CLEBC is a not-for-profit society that derives all of its income from the sale of courses and books. With more than 80 live and online courses each year, and an online and print library of more than 50 books, we support BC’s 12,000 lawyers in all aspects of their practice.
We have an immediate opening for an Online Course Materials Coordinator in our Programs Department. This position is responsible for the flow of course materials from author to consumer, including assembly, word processing, online distribution, and archiving. We are looking for a highly organized individual who is able to meet multiple deadlines and work well under pressure.
Key duties & responsibilities include:
- Tracks email submissions for multiple projects from faculty/authors to ensure that materials arrive in a timely fashion to allow for production by the required date
- Organizes chapters within the course materials, assembles papers and handouts into the final PDF package, formats and applies title pages, ensuring high quality of materials
- Obtains copyright permissions and acquires published materials from other sources for inclusion in CLEBC course materials
- Maintains files of all original materials and correspondence
- Updates WordPress pages with event details and course materials
- Creates productions schedules/calendar for course materials
- Creates and distributes emails to faculty and registrants
- Archives materials on CLEBC’s online Courses on Demand platform
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities, and education:
- Secondary school diploma required; post-secondary education is an asset
- Proficiency in word processing (MS Word, Adobe Acrobat) and fluency in web publishing tools (HTML, WordPress)
- Attention to detail; able to thoroughly accomplish a task with concern for all areas involved, no matter how small
- Able to proofread content for spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors
- Able to organize, prioritize and multitask and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Excellent customer service skills with a high level of professionalism and maturity
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing with legal professionals, course registrants, and co-workers; strong oral and written English language skills required
- Strong team player; able to work with a diverse group of people and be willing to assist where needed
- Able to work independently with minimal or no supervision
- Knowledge of general office procedures
- Experience/familiarity with the legal industry is an asset
Due to COVID-19 our employees are working remotely.
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities or expression. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
CLEBC offers competitive compensation and extended health benefits in a collegial and professional environment. If you are interested in the position, please provide a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 7, 2021.