BOB JOSEPH, CORPORATE TRAINER AND AUTHOR OF THE NATIONAL BESTSELLER 21 Things You May Not Know About The Indian Act, has now published Indigenous Relations: Insights, Tips & Suggestions to Make Reconciliation a Reality.
The book covers:
- Aboriginal Rights and Title, and the treaty process
- The difference between hereditary and elected leadership, and why it matters
- Which terms are preferable, and which should be avoided
- Indigenous worldviews and cultural traditions
- The effect of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP) in Canada
- The truth behind common myths and stereotypes perpetuated about Indigenous Peoples since Confederation
* * *
We acknowledge that the land on which we work is the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.