We are currently recruiting for a Publications Assistant. This is a temporary (12 months) full time position.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- making revisions indicated by authors, legal editors, or copy editor
- proofreading own work and finalizing books before sending for final proof
- preparing and proofing disk products
- applying XML tagging
- filing updates (for libraries 1 and 2), and for legal editors
- printing, photocopying, and sending books via courier, as needed
- performing quality assurance to verify correct tags for pre-online
- preparing weekly and monthly case digests
- performing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills, abilities and education:
- Strong team player; ability to work with a diverse group of people, and be willing to assist where needed
- A scrupulous approach to detailed work
- An ability to stay focused throughout an entire document, which may be long and technical
- The motivation and ability to work independently, and to meet deadlines
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multitask; strong problem identification and resolution skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills; with a high level of skill in written English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of editors’ symbols an asset
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to work overtime during the busy season
CLEBC is committed to equity and diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities. CLEBC hires on the basis of merit; all qualified persons are encouraged to apply to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.